What To Do With Leftover Egg Whites: Mini Pastel Meringues

In 1 of my favourite cookbooks from end year, Polpetto Head Chef Florence Knight's showtime cookbook One: H5N1 laid upwardly too her closet thee is a recipe for Maple Custard Tart that I receive got been itching to try. The recipe listing is pretty basic; a sweetness pastry tart case, maple syrup, ix medium egg yolks, double cream too some freshly grated nutmeg. The work is, when y'all role ix medium egg yolks, you'll last leftover amongst ix egg whites. I similar the strange leftover egg white fried upwardly too inwards a breakfast sandwich, but non that much! Luckily in that place is 1 answer for what to produce amongst leftover egg whites that everyone should know how to master copy if they produce non already: when life gives y'all egg whites, y'all should always, without hesitation, brand meringues.
Mini Meringue Vases DSC_0558 Also today, every bit an alternative to the minute one-half of the even out virtually these meringues (no 1 wants to hear virtually me crying amongst my caput inwards my hands on the dorsum porch afterwards the showtime batch turned into marshmallow fluff rather than actual meringue) I'm going to allow y'all into a piffling secret. While I dear eating, photographing too to a greater extent than oft than non looking at pretty sweetness things, I'm non the happiest bunny inwards the kitchen when I'm making them. Given the choice, amongst the exception of breadstuff which I dear making, if y'all give me the alternative betwixt cooking something too baking something, I'll pick out to laid upwardly every unmarried time. There is a argue why solely roughly 1/4 of the recipes on this weblog are for sweets. Where I am totally comfortable trying novel things on the savoury side of things, too they receive got a groovy success rate, when sweetness things hand off I sometimes panic, nosotros larn failures, too I experience rather disheartened no affair how difficult I try. Just don't fifty-fifty enquire me virtually sweetness pastry.

However, because I had the leftover egg whites from making the tart (for which I solely got the pastry shell skillful plenty to role on the minute attempt) too I've had this beautiful drinking glass display scandalize the guys over at Out There Interiors sent me eons agone sitting or thence waiting for me to brand something sweetness to become inside, I knew that meringues needed to happen, too for some argue solely known to myself rather than doing my commons Mary Berry recipe, I wanted to seek out the slightly to a greater extent than complicated but prettier technique inwards London cake boutique Peggy Porchen's Boutique Baking book I gave my woman raise for her birthday end year. 
DSC_0609
On the minute batch, I discovered that they were the best meringues I'd ever made, amongst a season I'd never idea of imparting to the mix before, too amongst much to a greater extent than compaction spell yet beingness really glossy too light. Having to brand the batch upwardly twice also taught me to proceed inwards take heed virtually making meringue I intend I may receive got overlooked, that I tin piece of work past times over to y'all thence that y'all don't brand the same mistakes every bit I did. For one, your bowl too whisk attachment postulate to last thence so build clean too clear of whatever crude or grease. Also your egg whites postulate to last at room temperature, too spell all books enjoin y'all to last careful non to over whisk your egg whites, y'all postulate to also last careful non to nether trounce them too! The best guide to making meringue's I've ever read tin last constitute over at 1 of my favourite baking blogs, Poires au Chocolat.



  • 3 Large Egg Whites (100g / 3.5 oz)
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 100g (3.5 oz) White Caster (Superfine) Sugar 
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 100g (3.5 oz) Icing (Confectioners) Sugar
  • Pink, Blue & Yellow Liquid Food Colouring 


Pre-heat the oven to fourscore degrees celsius (175 degrees fahrenheit) too work 3 baking trays amongst parchment. Once my meringue is made, I similar to position a piffling tab nether each corner to terminate the newspaper curling up, or blowing upwardly inwards the fan oven. In a standing mixer fitted amongst a balloon whisk attachment (I receive got a cream Kenwood K-Mix) whisk the egg whites too a pinch of tabular array salt on high until the whites get down to larn a piffling stiff. With the mixer yet running, gradually spoon inwards the caster saccharide until it is all incorporated. Whisk the eggs until thick too glossy, too when y'all describe the whisk attachment upwardly out of the mix all the eggs stick to it too don't driblet dorsum down. With a condom spatula, plication inwards the icing saccharide  and the vanilla extract until it is all combined. Divide the mixture upwardly into three, too plication pinkish colouring into 1 (drop past times driblet every bit the color tin last added, but non removed!) into one. Fold bluish into another, adding piffling drops of yellowish also to larn inwards to a greater extent than of an aqua than the harsh bluish y'all ordinarily larn inwards the bottle. Pipe the 3 dissimilar colours onto the baking canvas a few centimetres apart using a pipage handbag (I role disposable ones) too a star shaped nozzle. Bake for 2 hours, too thence plow off the oven leaving the meringues inside, without opening the door until the oven is cold. Store inwards an air tight container too at a cool constant temperature (I've had melting meringue before!) Enjoy! 



What produce y'all produce to role upwardly your leftover egg whites if y'all don't brand meringues. Also a fighting of an FYI, the books pictured inwards this post service every bit good every bit the Peggy Porschen are One of my top season experiences was the showtime cone of 1 of Ginger's Comfort Emporium H2O ice creams at Street Feast Europe end Summer, thence when I knew they had a mass it went to the top of my wishing list; I can't hold back to larn going amongst it this Summer! The candy scandalize is resting on is Ladurée's Entertaining book which I receive got solely read a piffling fighting of thence far, but I tin enjoin y'all is actually beautiful. If you're reading this, give cheers y'all thence much in 1 trial to a greater extent than Seggy for bringing me this, too my favourite French magazines all the agency from Paris to Los Angeles for me! 

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post