We are preparation people to conduct maintain the fellowship to the adjacent level. I honey seeing people flourish... says Cindy Collier

By Lucy M. Pritchett


For many women, moving seamlessly from a career inwards fashion to a career inwards freight mightiness accept unopen to doing. But Cindy Collier, president as well as CEO of Mister “P” Express, Inc. inwards Jeffersonville, carried what she had learned inwards retail fashion as well as joined her begetter inwards founding the trucking company.



“I came from working inwards beautiful malls where the girls clothing perfectly to an manufacture where the fashion touchstone is boots as well as jeans,” Cindy says.

At 1 fourth dimension Cindy worked inwards cosmetics at the one-time Stewart’s subdivision shop inwards Louisville. After that, she went to operate for Casual Corner, a woman's vesture store. She moved rapidly from atomic number 82 assistant managing director to managing director as well as and thence to district sales managing director for the company.

After her instant immature adult woman was born — she as well as her married adult man David lead maintain iii daughters — Cindy became a stay-at-home mom.

“That was a disaster,” she says amongst a laugh. “I was cooking a lot as well as gaining weight, doing crafts, making pilus bows — anything to perish on me occupied. My dad (Allan Parnell) called as well as said, ‘I’m starting a trucking companionship as well as I demand a immature adult woman inwards the office. I desire you lot to come upwards operate for me.’ I figured that I would hold out working amongst a bunch of tobacco chewing men when inwards reality these were household unit of measurement men trying to earn a living.”

Cindy stands amongst her begetter 'Mister P" Allan Parnell who was named Philanthropist of the Year past times Business First's
Partners inwards Philanthropy program. Photos past times Patti Hartog

She had no sense amongst this industry, as well as trucking came amongst a whole novel language, she says. She had no sentiment what to create for the company, but she had campaign as well as motivation thence she did every labor from billing to dispatching to hiring to cleaning toilets.

“I recognized rapidly that sales would hold out my forte as well as started edifice the sales department. I would telephone weep upwards on customers as well as hand-deliver invoices as well as accept them homemade pumpkin bread. They loved it. I was actually skillful at follow-up as well as details as well as developing personal relationships.”

The companionship is straight off celebrating its 30th year. It started amongst iii trucks. It straight off has 200 brilliant cerise trucks amongst the company’s xanthous insignia as well as at to the lowest degree 300 employees. As a contract carrier amongst 48-state as well as Canadian authority, its client base of operations is really diverse, Cindy says. Its fleet of trucks haul everything from appliances to spirits to cabinetry to nutrient products.


“I'm really passionate most our services. They are top-notch. We lead maintain built a reputation on doing what nosotros say nosotros are going to do. We don't telephone weep upwards as well as say, ‘Oh, I was simply kidding.’ You are going to acquire what you lot ordered as well as on time.”

Cindy reflected on her successful remain inwards the shipping industry.

“This is what I've learned: People tin run into sincerity. You must hold out sincere amongst customers. I believe inwards the Golden Rule. It’s our companionship motto. I believe inwards giving dorsum to the community. My dad has been doing that for a acre as well as straight off it's fourth dimension for me to leave of absence at that topographic point inwards the community every bit well. I believe inwards surrounding myself amongst actually skillful people. Right straight off nosotros are grooming people to accept the companionship to the side past times side level. I dear seeing people flourish.”
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post