Her Heart is amongst the Animals

By Bella Portaro-Kueber 

Generous, giving, in addition to humble...

These apply, merely at that spot are diverse words to depict Johnna Kelly in addition to her touching on on diverse creature nonprofits inward Louisville. From Metro Animal Services to The Animal Care Society, Johnna does what she can, when she can, in addition to does it amongst passion.



“I believe my dear for animals started when I was a lilliputian girl,” says Johnna, an expanse sales managing director for Waterford crystal. “I would convey habitation whatever creature I could. In my parents’ family nosotros had cats, dogs, in addition to fish. At my grandparents’ family it was all of the above, in addition to they had a pony in addition to chicken. Having the exposure to them has created a infinite inward my pump that fuels my desires to assist every bit many animals to hold upwards placed into loving homes every bit I can. I started volunteering inward the early on ’90s in addition to own got fostered in addition to thence many litters I can’t proceed track.”

Johnna is devoting her fourth dimension to helping homeless animals uncovering a home. Photos yesteryear Aubrey Hillis 

Fostering animals allows them to hold upwards nurtured dorsum to total wellness till a forever habitation is able to accept them in. “Every truthful cat in addition to Canis familiaris that gets to become into a foster home, impacts the number of pets euthanized each year,” Johnna says. “I’ll hold upwards honest amongst you lot in addition to tell that I never own got a bad 24-hour interval when I own got come upwards habitation to my foster kitties. They brighten every 24-hour interval in addition to thence beautifully.


“I believe my path led me to volunteer amongst Animal Care Society because it is a no-kill shelter,” she says. “As a board fellow member in addition to number co-chair, I experience connected to the community every bit I’m helping the animals that convey in addition to thence much joy to the lives of others when they’re adopted. On a side note: I adopted my truthful cat Dylan from ACS inward 1991 in addition to he volition ever concur a exceptional identify inward my pump every bit volition ACS for rescuing him.”
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post