Featured Pink Woman: Vicki Fleitz

"Cancer isn’t a give-up the ghost sentence."

Name: Vicki Fleitz
Age: 54
Job: Certified Pharmacy Technician at La Grange Kroger
Diagnosis: Stage two / Stage iii invasive ductal carcinoma, March 2013
How She Found Out: I did a self-exam, felt the lump where I was in addition to then sent for a mammogram that led to me getting a biopsy.
How Did This Change You: I used to live only fine sitting inwards the dorsum in addition to non beingness the middle of attention, but later my sense inwards fighting cancer, I began to detect my phonation in addition to my courage. I bring been able to aid 5 friends alongside their battle alongside cancer. It helps knowing somebody who has gone through it in addition to come upward out ok. Cancer isn’t a give-up the ghost judgement in addition to I realize I am much stronger than I realized yesteryear participating inwards Derby City Dragons. I am getting stronger mentally in addition to physically in addition to facing my fears.



Advice Vickie Would Give To People With Loved Ones Battling Breast Cancer: Be at that spot for them, fifty-fifty if it is only sending a text message, a carte du jour or a telephone call. Sometimes beingness there’s is only equally unproblematic equally listening. I had friends that cooked meals in addition to brought them to me, unopen to friends only came to view in addition to live at that spot alongside me. As a patient, it was dainty to know I wasn’t forgotten when people visited or brought me meals in addition to cards. It's a large morale booster to detect a carte du jour somebody had sent me. I had to acquire to permit people create things for me.

Best Thing Someone Did For Her During Her Battle: People coming to visit. When I couldn’t become out because I was on chemo in addition to to a greater extent than susceptible to germs, people would come upward to me. My coworkers were real helpful to me. I tried to operate during my chemo, in addition to it didn’t become hence well, hence they would pace inwards in addition to choice upward that slack allowing me to become habitation in addition to rest. My mom actually helped me out too because when my hubby wasn’t at that spot or was out of town for work, she went alongside me in addition to supported me on my doctor's visits.When I was inwards the infirmary due to having problems alongside breathing because of chemo, my sis would come upward yesteryear every twenty-four hours later she got off operate to sit down alongside me in addition to talk.

Feel the pinkish ability at our Pink Woman Fashion Show on Oct 19!

Photo yesteryear Melissa Donald 
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post