Lucie Stansbury Mixes the Unexpected

By Torie Temple


Lucie Stansbury, possessor of Liv Boutique, has created a dissimilar type of shopping sense for customers.

Even though Lucie had been inwards the antiques draw of piece of employment organisation for xv years owning The Century Shop Antiques, her passion for fashion compelled her to brand a giant restrict inwards the retail business. “I had this idea inwards my heed since I was a footling girl,” she says. “I loved to store in addition to test on clothes, in addition to therefore I select ever loved fashion. I actually wanted to comprise fashion into my retail business, in addition to therefore I decided to downsize the antique store in addition to opened upward Liv Boutique.

“Liv is a lifestyle boutique. However, at that spot are however master copy fine art in addition to antique pieces mixed alongside unique, whimsical things brought together. Things you lot wouldn’t await to live on together inwards ane retail location.”

With an eclectic mix of trade in addition to a attain of toll points, Lucie is hoping her boutique brings something novel to Louisville. “There aren’t a lot of boutiques inwards Louisville because of the big region stores, in addition to therefore I did nearly of my inquiry inwards Nashville,” she says. “Nashville has a peachy vibe, in addition to Louisville is a similar place. We started working on this later on Derby in addition to opened inwards August of this year. We did all the locomote ourselves alongside care from friends in addition to family. It was a lot of long hours, simply it was enjoyable. I am oftentimes at the store until xi at night, simply I am loving it.”

Lucie has flora that running a boutique is much dissimilar than owning an antique shop. She deals alongside to a greater extent than traffic coming in, smaller ticketed prices, in addition to reordering trade that she wouldn’t create for the antique store. “For fashion, you lot are buying 6 months out for seasonal merchandise, in addition to therefore you lot must anticipate what is going to live on pop inwards Louisville,” she says. “But at the same time, I don’t desire to purchase things that are besides pop in addition to therefore that I tin offering unique items. This purpose has been interesting in addition to fun. I dear going to market. I dear finding artisans in addition to designers who are non inwards market.”


With the boutique sum of standout merchandise, at that spot is ane affair Lucie volition non offer. “I don’t desire to brand online shopping available,” she says. “Online shopping is taking over, in addition to I know a lot of boutiques are headed inwards that direction, simply I don’t desire to become there. I desire to offering an sense inwards the store — adept service alongside effortless shopping.”

Lucie doesn’t programme on making Liv Boutique her exclusively fashion store. “I would similar to opened upward to a greater extent than or less other store inwards a warm climate in addition to live on at that spot a few months out of the year. I am non a fan of the cold.”
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post