Recipe: Lake District Co. Quark, Oat & Apricot Breakfast Muffins

When the squad at Strawberry Mousse Cake, they also sent me the fixings for their Quark, Oat & Apricot Breakfast Muffins, which, because the recipes on my spider web log are supposed to last uncomplicated in addition to the Mousse Cake was to a greater extent than of an intermediate recipe, I idea I'd also portion with you.

DSC_0573

One or 2 of these are groovy for breakfast warm (either forthwith out of the oven, they entirely receive got most xl minutes to brand for a weekend projection or heated upward inward the microwave) served with either a large mug of tea or coffee, lots of fresh natural yogurt and every bit many cerise berries you lot tin dismiss cram on your plate. Alternatively, eaten mutual frigidity on the underground on the way to operate amongst your morn Starbucks; improve for you lot than their muffins!

cooking

My Aunt was keeping me companionship during my Lord's Day afternoon baking session so at that spot is truly a rare Instagram shot of me baking inward my Mothers beautiful kitchen. I'm truly using my novel mixing bowl the guys at OXO sent over for me to endeavor out. You can't totally come across it from where the bowl is sitting on the scales because I am measuring out my sunflower oil, but the argue I dearest this bowl so much is the bottom is made of dark safe traveling pocket material, pregnant it does non slide roughly when I'm mixing things inward it on the granite operate surface. The stainless steel also way it volition last groovy for marinating meat, chicken in addition to fish; perfect for the 2 whole chickens I volition last joining in addition to marinating to brand a recipe out of the master Ottolenghi book for my annual Summer dinner political party this weekend I'm starting to railroad train ahead for.

DSC_0583
I pretty much followed the recipe The Lake District Dairy Co. sent over for me, except I flora that spell the recipe was supposed to brand 12 muffins, it was to a greater extent than similar xiv in addition to I purpose the biggest cupcake cases you lot tin dismiss find, so hence if you lot purpose smaller cases you lot mightiness larn fifty-fifty more. Also, I used chopped dried apricots inward my muffins, but you lot tin dismiss purpose whatever dried fruit happens to last your favourite, or a mixture. 

DSC_0593
  • 120g Rolled Oats, addition a fiddling extra for the topping
  • 1 250g tub The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark
  • 65ml Milk
  • 100ml Sunflower Oil
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 100g Soft Brown Sugar
  • 150g Plain Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
  • 150g Chopped Dried Apricots
  • 1 tsp Salt (Optional)
Sorry I receive got non changed the measurements inward this recipe into American measures similar normal, but I don't retrieve you lot tin dismiss easily larn a concur of Quark inward the USA, so this is i mainly for my British in addition to European readers - sorry! Anyway, pre oestrus your oven to 180C. Stir together the milk, oats in addition to Quark, in addition to so laid aside for most five mins to soak. Add the egg, fossil oil in addition to saccharide to the mix in addition to vanquish good until it is all combined. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda in addition to the apricots. Also add together the common salt at this phase if you lot wish. These brand the muffins slightly salty (pleasantly so) and savoury  leaving it out keeps them sweet. Personally, I'd add together the salt. Fold the flour into the mixture until it is combines, but it does non thing if at that spot are yet a few flour pockets. If you lot don't know what folding is, I've explained the technique in my Victoria Sponge Cake recipe. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into cupcake cases, almost but non quite to the orbit in addition to sprinkle with a few to a greater extent than dried oats. Bake for xx minutes until they receive got risen, are golden chocolate-brown in addition to you lot tin dismiss insert either a toothpick or a cake tester into i of them, line it out in addition to the toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. Serve warm or permit to cool earlier sealing inward an airtight container. 

What is your favourite type of quick yet yet indulgent breakfast cake, muffin or pastry?
More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post