Cocktail Hour: Lavender Vodka Lemonade

So my arrival dorsum inwards England agency the launch of my 'Cocktail Hour' column, posting dissimilar seasonal as well as timeless cocktail recipes for you lot all to all brand as well as enjoy. There select been some requests for non-alcoholic (virgin) cocktails inwards this column, as well as piece I select decided that I am non going to compose recipes specifically geared to non drinkers, I am going to hold out certain to rate all the recipes that function but every bit good if you lot larn out the alcohol out, or suggest alcohol alternatives whenever possible. 
Lavender Vodka Lemonade | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
For my commencement cocktail I decided to add together vodka, arguably the most versatile spirit of them all to some ingredients that I select been playing roughly amongst a lot recently. I was making pitchers of homemade lemonade practically every unmarried calendar week leading upwards to when I left Los Angeles because I was getting such big beauties at Westwood Farmers Market every Th afternoon. I lay together a recipe for Thyme infused lemonade for the Birchbox spider web log (coming soon!), which made me start thinking nearly other herbal infused lemonades; rosemary as well as basil. On arriving dorsum habitation for the Summer I industrial plant life I could become downwards the floral road amongst all the roses as well as lavander inwards bloom. I select nevertheless to remember nearly how I'm going to create amongst the rose petals, but lemon as well as lavander became fast friends every bit a flavour combination inwards my caput when I started composing some other recipe using them both every bit the star flavours inwards some other invitee ship spot. It was actually a natural progression! Apparently, though it is Wimbledon at the instant which normally agency rain, I've managed to select the weather condition dorsum from Los Angeles amongst me then this boozy lemonade served over lots of H2O ice is the perfect cooling cocktail to relish this weekend. Also, this works good without vodka, too for those of you lot who similar a piffling less booze.  
Lavender Vodka Lemonade | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Lavender Vodka Lemonade | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
This recipe makes nearly a medium jug of fresh lemonade. As for the lavender, thyme tin too hold out used but if you lot don't select fresh lavander growing inwards your garden educate to cut, pocket-sized pots of it already flowering tin be purchased reletivly inexpensively from whatever garden center, as well as volition await pretty inwards your window.


  • 6 Fresh Lavender Heads, plus extra to serve
  • 1l (4 cups) Boiling Water
  • 75g (1/3 cup) Granulated Sugar 
  • 2 Large Lemons
  • 10-14 tbsp Vodka


Place the lavander inwards a pocket-sized bowl as well as embrace amongst 250ml (1 cup) of boiling H2O as well as laid aside to infuse. Meanwhile, add together the residuum of the saccharide as well as H2O to a pocket-sized saucepan as well as simmer over a depression heat, stirring gently until all the H2O is disolved. Take off the heat. Juice the lemons as well as add together the juice to the saccharide as well as H2O mixture. Remove the lavander stems as well as whatever additional stray pieces from the smaller bowl of H2O as well as stir it into the lemon mixture. Allow to cool, as well as add together the vodka to taste/ personal preference. Enjoy served over ice, as well as preferably watching the tennis. 


I select a duo to a greater extent than planned, but does anyone select whatever item cocktail recipe requests to make? 

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post