An Extra Special Afternoon Tea With Whittards of Chelsea

When 19th century tea fellowship Whittards of Chelsea asked me if I would similar to endeavour a twain of teas too position together a recipe to operate amongst them I automatically started planning afternoon tea scenarios in my head. I told them that I favoured fruit teas too white tea too fruit blends, too sat dorsum to meet what they would shipping me. The resultant teas, too the super showstopper but even hence super elementary to brand mini cupcakes came together 1 sun afternoon to create what I intend is a super particular Summer weekend process for 2 or more.
DSC_2028
These floral topped cupcakes hold back fantastic, but are hence stupidly like shooting fish in a barrel to make. I must accept a 2d to give cheers Lucinda too Zita at Zita Elze Flower School for giving me the inspiration for this bake when I met them doing to exactly stunning flowers at the beginning of the calendar week at The White Company Christmas Press Day. 
mecakestand
I must confess hither that this is non how I clothes to bake, too I solely clothes for afternoon tea similar this on particular occasions! When I was shooting this footling tea I was genuinely dressed too on my agency to a garden political party inwards Bloomsbury. As a twain of people asked me piece I was wearing it, hence y'all volition no dubiety live on bespeak now, the clothes was my first purchase after arriving dorsum inwards England from Los Angeles; I constitute it inwards the Ted Baker sale. I can't meet it on their website (though they practise even hence receive got a operate past times too blouse inwards the same print) but y'all mightiness larn lucky inwards store. My cake stand upward was a gift from the guys at ACHICA, from the Nigella Lawson collection.
DSC_2031 DSC_2038
The tea Whittards sent me that I am most excited to try, but I receive got non had a run a peril to yet is their Loose Pomegranate White Tea Blend. Just the leaves themselves smell absolutely delicious and divine, every bit good every bit beingness rather pretty.I am ashamed to acknowledge that because nosotros are a teabag family, nosotros don't genuinely receive got the facilities to steep tea leaves,. However, adjacent fourth dimension I meet 1 I am going to larn a unmarried loving cup tea leaves holder too larn downwardly to the brew; I'll live on certain to permit y'all all know what I intend of it too if it tastes every bit proficient every bit it smells!
DSC_1974
The fruit tea bags I was sent receive got operate 2 of my favourites. Usually, I drinkable Twinings similar it is H2O too earlier directly they were my favourite tea bags for everyday (Tea Pigs for particular occasions!) However, the blends I was sent; Acerola Cherry too Raspberry & Peach had much to a greater extent than fresh too refined flavours I enjoyed hence much to a greater extent than than the steaming cups I commonly drinkable at to the lowest degree 1 time a day. Even if y'all similar your everyday tea bags too y'all don't desire to switch, I would really recommend carrying at to the lowest degree 1 particular Whittards tea to bask when y'all genuinely larn a run a peril for a sit down downwardly too a overnice slice of cake.  
DSC_2001
The cupcake recipe is actually, every bit similar most things similar this, is a basic Victoria Sponge Cake. As for the floral toppers, I've exactly pulled them out of the garden hence y'all tin meet whatever is seasonal. If y'all dont receive got the facility to take in something from a garden, receive got a hold back at what flowers y'all tin arrive pocket-size pots at the garden center, at a florists or inwards the supermarket. Go for things that tin final a piece without beingness left inwards water. This recipe makes most nine to 10 pocket-size cakes too tin easily live on doubled up.

  • 50g (2 oz) Margarine
  • 50g (2 oz) Caster Sugar (Granulated Sugar)
  • 50g (2 oz) Self-Raising Flour 
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 50g (2 oz) Icing Sugar (Confectioners Sugar)
  • 1 tbsp Warm Water
  • Pink Food Colouring (Optional)
  • 10 Decorative Small Cupcake Cases

Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit). Add the margarine, caster sugar, flour, baking pulverization too the egg to a large bowl too rhythm out together amongst a spoon for a few minutes until all the ingredients are combined, too the mixture is a footling light. Fill each example upward one-half agency amongst the mixture (about a heaped tablespoon full) too flatten out amongst a construct clean finger inwards each example to brand certain they bake easily. Cook for most 10-12 minutes until the tops are golden. Remove from the oven too larn out to cool exterior of the cupcake tin on a wire rack to cool. To brand the icing mix the icing saccharide too the hot H2O together to brand a smoothen paste. It may hold back a footling thick, but it volition spread apartment on operate past times of the cakes, too if y'all add together also much H2O the icing won't set. To coloring stuff one-half the mixture, split upward it upward too purpose the tip of a cocktail stick to add together the smallest amount of coloring stuff to each bowl, adding a footling to a greater extent than each fourth dimension inwards social club to larn the coloring stuff y'all want. It tin operate also brilliant inwards an instant, hence add together the coloring stuff like shooting fish in a barrel too inwards little inclements. Once the cupcakes are cool purpose a teaspoon to overflowing each example carefully to the operate past times amongst icing too larn out to educate earlier gently pressing your ornament into the operate past times of each. 


When was the final fourth dimension y'all had a good, proper afternoon tea, too what are your favourite tea blends?

This is a sponsored post. To read my policy on sponsored posts, please click here.

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post