Homemade Twix Bars (Paleo & Vegan)

Homemade Twix Bars (Paleo & Vegan)

Most of the time, I similar to ready for others. I similar to ready things that I know (or hope) others like. Then, when I pulled it off in addition to they say me how bully it tastes, I experience awesome. It’s an accomplishment.
I’m fairly surely that this has something to do alongside deep-rooted demand for validation. Something I don’t leave of absence looking for it, but that I do real much appreciate — specially inwards the cooking department.
It in all likelihood stems from something my parents did when I was young. Trust me, it’s ever their fault. HA!


Once inwards a spell though, I similar to ready something merely for me.
Like my Creamy Coconut Eggplant Curry. I don’t tending if my trouble solid unit of measurement doesn’t similar it. I do, I’m gonna ready it, in addition to bask it all past times myself.
Other times instead I cause got a recipe inwards mind, but I’m non surely how it volition come upwardly out. So I plug away inwards the kitchen in addition to kickoff experimenting.
Creating a recipe takes a flake of culinary wizardry. Knowing when in addition to how to combine flavors, textures, in addition to using the best tools to do the dish y'all had inwards mind.
It involves enough of trial in addition to error, mixing in addition to matching, in addition to lots of tasting.
This is basically how these Homemade Twix Bars came to life.

Homemade Twix Bars (Paleo & Vegan)

I’ve been wanting to brand these for like, forever. And though at that spot are hundreds of recipes for homemade Twix bars online, I wanted to do my real ain paleo in addition to vegan version.
Twix is basically a chocolate shortcake biscuit covered inwards chewy caramel in addition to chocolate.
So I started alongside a tried in addition to tested recipe for paleo shortcrust (to live on honest this business office of the recipe didn't cause got much creativity, merely a few nipper adjustments.)
Then I made my worldwide famous paleo caramel sauce in addition to thickened it to correct consistency (chewy in addition to gooey but yet soft, precisely equally I needed it to be).
I thus covered everything alongside semi-sweet chocolate.
VOILA’: Homemade Twix Bars (Paleo & Vegan).

Homemade Twix Bars (Paleo & Vegan)

I know it does hold off similar a lot of work, but it’s extremely like shooting fish in a barrel inwards practice.
All y'all demand is kokosnoot flour, maple syrup, kokosnoot oil, kokosnoot milk, in addition to chocolate. That’s most it.
The shortbread crust comes together inwards a snap, the caramel sauce takes a flake of fourth dimension but doesn’t demand your undivided attention, in addition to roofing everything inwards chocolate takes no fourth dimension at all.

These bars are thus DANG GOOD.
Rich in addition to chocolaty: a thick crust topped alongside chewy caramel covered alongside chocolate. Simply amazing in addition to thus addictive. Not to refer gluten-free, paleo, in addition to vegan.
I made them in i lawsuit again yesterday for Niece- since she came over afterward schoolhouse - in addition to she couldn’t halt raving most them: mission accomplished!

Homemade Twix Bars (Paleo & Vegan)

Homemade Twix Bars (Paleo & Vegan)                                                                                         Print this recipe!
Shortbread crust adapted from Asaucykitchen

Ingredients
Makes sixteen bars

Shortbread crust

⅔ loving cup kokosnoot flour
four tablespoons maple syrup
¼ teaspoon salt
⅓ loving cup kokosnoot oil, at room temperature

Caramel

1 (14 oz / 400gr) tin full-fat kokosnoot milk (I used BPA-free Natural Value)
½ loving cup maple syrup
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon kokosnoot crude oil
ii teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
1 tablespoon mutual frigidness water

Chocolate topping

1 loving cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy life mini chocolate chips)
1 teaspoon kokosnoot oil
Salt flakes (optional but highly recommended)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) in addition to identify a rack inwards the middle. Line a 8x8-inch foursquare pan alongside parchment newspaper in addition to lightly grease it. Set aside.
To brand the shortbread crust, inwards a large bowl combine kokosnoot flour in addition to salt. Add maple syrup in addition to stir until combined in addition to crumbly. Add kokosnoot crude oil in addition to mix vigorously alongside a wooden spoon until a dough ball forms.
Press the dough into the prepared baking pan in addition to smoothen the exceed alongside a spatula.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brownish at the edges. Remove from the oven in addition to permit cool completely on a rack.
In the meantime brand the caramel sauce.
In a large saucepan alongside a thick bottom combine kokosnoot milk, maple syrup, in addition to salt.
Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Lower the oestrus in addition to permit trim down for most xl to 50 minutes, stirring every right away in addition to then.
Towards the terminate stir to a greater extent than oftentimes to move along the bottom from burning likewise much.
Don’t rush it. The procedure could live on faster or slower, depending on how hot your burner is.
When reduced add together kokosnoot crude oil in addition to vanilla extract in addition to ready for farther five minutes until it reaches a deep caramel color (if you’re non surely most it, look at my Paleo Caramel Sauce recipe)
In a pocket-size bowl combine cornstarch (or arrowroot powder) in addition to water, whisk it into the hot caramel in addition to stir the mixture constantly spell cooking it for roughly ii to four minutes to thicken the caramel in addition to ready out the cornstarch flavor.
Remove from the oestrus in addition to permit cool for most five minutes, thus stir vigorously until smoothen in addition to glossy.
Pour over the crust in addition to permit cool inwards the fridge until laid earlier topping alongside the chocolate layer.
For the chocolate layer, melt chocolate chips in addition to kokosnoot crude oil inwards a double boiler over depression heat, whisking until melted in addition to smooth.
Pour melted chocolate over the caramel in addition to smoothen it into an fifty-fifty layer. Sprinkle alongside tabular array salt flakes, if using.
Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
Using a sudden knife cutting into sixteen bars. Store inwards an airtight container inwards the fridge upwardly to 1 week.

Nutrition facts

One bar yields 211 calories, fourteen grams of fat, xx grams of carbs, in addition to ii grams of protein. Sumber http://www.theironyou.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post