Places To Eat In London: Bond & Brook's Festive High Tea, Mayfair

In America, locations are given past times intersection names. Meeting a friend somewhere non specific, eg. non at your destination, yell for your cab to drib yous inwards the pump of a neighbourhood? You purpose intersections. If yous desire to enjoin someone where something is inwards the pump of a very, really long route (for event Santa Monica Boulevard stretches from Ocean Avenue along the waterfront correct upward to where it meets Sunset Boulevard inwards Hollywood) yous give the nearest intersection. So, on my agency out of afternoon tea at Bond & Brook inwards Mayfair, the delightful petty eatery within Fenwick on Bond Street, it made me grin to uncovering where the restaurants yell came from on seeing the street sign for the crossover past times Vogue House nosotros took to arrive at Regents Street, together with hence J.Crew. Fenwick Bond Street is on the corner of Bond together with Brook. 
DSC_1167
It has been a piece since I've had a proper afternoon tea. Actually, fighting that. The joys of blogging hateful that I tin await dorsum together with enjoin yous that my final existent afternoon tea amongst tea, sandwiches, scones together with petit fours was when I showtime moved to London over 2 years ago. While it is wonderful, it is only together with so expensive every fourth dimension yous drib dead to a lovely hotel for their high tea service. This is why when I was invited to endeavor Bond & Brook's novel festive afternoon tea I was excited to go, because their afternoon teas alone come upward inwards at £18.50 a person, making it a fighting to a greater extent than of an affordable treat. And, you're also inwards the perfect place to shop. Not that I would recommend a weekend trip into the Oxford Street / Regents Street / Bond Street expanse anytime from right away until Christmas!
afternoontea
The concept is simple. H5N1 traditional high tea, but amongst a festive twist. Let us bring something to potable first, shall we? It was over drinks nosotros decided that starting from the bottom upward was actually the alone agency forward. While nosotros initially alone went for warm drinks together with water, past times the fourth dimension our waitress had returned amongst the H2O nosotros decided that champagne was alone fitting. It was a chilly Saturday, later all. 
10795ad04ed111e3be060ed4a55bf507_8 DSC_1201
I was excited past times the delightful alternative of teas, plainly served inwards a argent tea service. I opted for Strawberry & Raspberry, though I was tempted past times the Peppermint. The yoke of them are my drib dead likewise blends. It was mild, lite but even together with so sweetness together with complimented the high tea (and our champagne) perfectly. we doubled this upward every bit our Nov daughter date) had the Hot Chocolate, which she kept on telling me was i of the best she'd always had. While the high tea was lovely, it was lacking inwards chocolate together with so I experience this mightiness live the perfect indulgent accompaniment. 
Hot Chocolate DSC_1181
Onto the sandwiches. Here nosotros bring the pretty typical fayre of cheese together with pickle, together with ham together with mustard, adorably (and deliciously) served inwards mini baguettes. Another afternoon tea stalwart was given its ain unique spin inwards the bird of the smoked salmon cream cheese sandwiches: they were within out. Think a finger of fresh bread, slathered inwards cream cheese together with amongst smoked salmon wrapped unopen to the outside. The festive plough for the bottom bird was given amongst the turkey together with cranberry sandwiches, which made me await frontwards to Boxing Day. This was a practiced matter nigh living inwards America; I could indulge inwards all kinds of turkey together with cranberry treats, including fantastic wraps I used to larn at the top of Santa Monica Place from Thanksgiving onward. 
DSC_1192
While nosotros loved the sandwiches together with nosotros loved the sweets, our articulation favourite were the scones. Perfectly light, together with served amongst jam together with the most perfect circular of rich together with creamy clotted cream which nosotros may bring made a full mess of demploshing. Yes, I know that is meant to read 'demolishing' but I typed demploshing by accident, together with felt it was a word, albeit made upward that described how much mess nosotros made. Oops!
DSC_1177
Finally, dessert. We started amongst these mini petite fours, which turned out to live filled amongst marzipan. One of the tastes of Christmas, I remember you'll all agree, followed on past times cake pops. Now, I used to remember cake pops were awesome when I showtime started reading Bakerella, where it all started together with was inwards fact i of the showtime nutrient together with baking blogs I always read. However, I remember they bring gone somewhere downward the trouble of cupcakes together with drib dead a fighting overrated. I don't remember I've actually loved the concept of a unmarried cake popular until this one. Christmas cake, covered inwards white chocolate. Yes please. Now, I'm non unremarkably a big Christmas cake or Christmas pudding fan (I alone seat upward amongst the latter for the homemade brandy butter!), because I notice I larn bored later i or 2 bites. Therefore, this cake popular was perfect together with I wishing yous could only purchase them when passing to munch whilst browsing the shoe section. 

Finally, the dessert I was most excited nigh from the larn go, because they looked together with so pretty: the clementine together with mulled vino jellies. They were delicious, together with the mulled vino foam was only together with so good, packed amongst cloves together with festive goodness. Just i tip though; the foam collapses a petty into liquid, together with so don't create what nosotros did together with operate out them until last, I'd recommend yous drib dead for them showtime to boot off your afternoon tea. 


This exceptional Christmas edition afternoon tea at Bond & Brook volition drib dead available to Earth from the 25th November, which is adjacent Monday. What are your favourite high tea spots inwards London? I experience I demand to splurge on some other the adjacent fourth dimension I bring a exceptional occasion coming up, together with for my Canterbury readers dorsum home, piece I bring no sentiment when I am going to bring it, in all likelihood former inwards the New Year, I create bring plans to drib dead together with endeavor the afternoon tea a Tiny Tim's, together with so I'd dearest to take away heed your thoughts on it if you've been already!

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post