Featured Pink Woman: Robin Kennedy



"I told myself to non hold off at the 'why?' in addition to the 'what if?'."


Name: Robin Kennedy
Age: 54
Job: Administrative Coordinator, Metro Government
Diagnosis: Breast cancer phase 1, May 2012
How She Found Out: Detected inward routine mammogram
Treatments: Two lumpectomies inward may of 2012 in addition to ane time again inward June 2012, a double mastectomy inward July. TRAM flap bilateral reconstruct in August .
Support Groups: Gilda's Club Louisville, Norton’s Pink Pilates practise class, Kentucky African Americans Against Cancer through James Brown. Friends for Hope.
Best Thing She Did For Herself: Made myself volunteer alongside back upwards groups in addition to I surrounded myself alongside those who had walked inward my shoes where nosotros raised each other up.


Advice Robin Would Give To People With Loved Ones Battling Breast Cancer: Focus on yourself! Don't overwhelm yourself alongside everyone else's stories in addition to history. Everyone knows mortal who gets this, only I told people I didn't desire to remove heed it, because I needed to acquire close it every bit I went through it myself an create what was correct for me.

Best Thing Someone Did For Her During Her Battle: They gave me my infinite when I needed to convey what I was going through in addition to didn’t overwhelm me alongside their experiences or traumatic events.

Robin volition live showing her strength, courage, in addition to ability at the Pink Woman Fashion Show. Be at that topographic point to come across her walk downward the rail on Oct 19!

Photo past times Melissa Donald 
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post