Featured Pink Woman: Deena Kleehamer


"People gripe nigh their birthdays, simply each i is a gift from God, as well as I am as well as then happy to live hither to celebrate unopen to other year."

Name: Deena Kleehamer
Age: 68
Job: Takes assist of granddaughters as well as granddogs
Diagnosis: Stage 1 mastectomy at historic catamenia 38. “Got a play a joke on instead of a process on Halloween” Oct 31, 1987.
Advice To Newly Diagnosed Women: You bring the dear of your identify unit of measurement as well as friends simply you lot don’t bring to aspect upward thorax cancer alone. There are as well as then many back upward groups out there.
Support Group: Deena started a thorax cancer back upward grouping inwards 1991 at Floyd Memorial Hospital and led it for fourteen years. “When you lot bring women inwards a back upward grouping who tin sympathise what you lot are sitting as well as going through, it really makes a difference. I led the back upward grouping for fourteen years earlier handing it over to a friend for unopen to other 10 years.”



Advice Deena Would Give To People With Loved Ones Battling Breast Cancer:
Don’t live afraid to gibe them, they won’t break. They are withal the same mortal they were earlier they were diagnosed. So many adult woman said their hubby didn’t know how to create it or grip the situation. It was as well as then of import to give hugs as well as proceed to attain out. Your mental attitude makes a difference. The women I saw inwards the infirmary amongst a positive mental attitude are withal hither today. It is as well as then of import how you lot react when you lot are diagnosed. My immature lady asked me i nighttime when I was tucking her inwards “Mommy, are you lot going to die?” I said “No, I am going to live hither when you lot wake upward as well as become to school, when you lot graduate, when you lot larn married.” I am celebrating my xxx years.

Best Thing Someone Did For Her During Her Battle:  We had unopen to existent estate friends who came over afterward my operation as well as made dinner, a whole repast filled amongst friendship. Meals are rattling important, because afterward the operation I struggled combing my pilus as well as brushing my teeth. I had as well as then many cards that people sent to me, as well as that meant a lot too. When I was dwelling as well as recovering, it was wonderful receiving all the back upward that I got.


At our Pink Woman Fashion Show "pink" represents unity. Be business office of the celebration on Oct 19!

Photo yesteryear Melissa Donald 
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post