Turning Point: From Taylor Swift’s Band to a Courtroom

By Lucy M. Pritchett



Emily Poe Stumler’s Turning Point came when she position downwardly her fiddle too picked upwardly her constabulary degree.



She seemed to go headed toward a career inwards music. She had started taking violin lessons at historic menses 6. She was course of report president too a cheerleader at Floyd Central High School inwards Indiana, too she played violin inwards the schoolhouse orchestra. She attended Belmont University inwards Nashville, Tennessee, to pursue her music career. Then, inwards her senior year, she auditioned to go a fiddle thespian for Taylor Swift.

“No 1 knew her then. She was solely 16. I traveled on the autobus amongst Taylor too her mother, too the residuum of the crew — all men — were on some other bus. We went all over the USA too Canada. That was the summertime of 2006. We would sometimes go gone from Midweek to Sunday. It was a smashing experience. I got to see places that I mightiness never need maintain traveled to. But, that life is non equally glamourous equally 1 mightiness think.”

For her starting fourth dimension performance, Emily played the fiddle inwards the auditorium of Corydon Live Music too Entertainment. Photos yesteryear Patti Hartog

Emily wanted to pursue music equally far equally it would accept her but, she says, she ever had it on her radar to become to constabulary school. “I also knew I wanted a hubby too children. I toured amongst Taylor for virtually ii years too eventually left, took the LSAT, too entered constabulary schoolhouse at University of Tennessee inwards Knoxville.”

She was inwards her 3rd twelvemonth of constabulary schoolhouse when Eli Stumler, her husband-to-be, was discharged from the Army too moved dorsum home. “We had been skilful friends inwards high school. We fifty-fifty went to senior prom together too later on graduation, when nosotros were domicile at the same time, nosotros would see for dinner. That friendship turned into more. Two chiliad 11 was a big twelvemonth for me. I became engaged inwards February, graduated constabulary schoolhouse inwards May, took the bar inwards July, too Eli too I were married inwards November.”

Emily worked for a existent estate attorney for a duad of years too had a part-time chore at the prosecuting attorney's component subdivision for Harrison County, Indiana. That turned into a full-time job. Now, at historic menses 32, she is original deputy prosecutor amongst the component subdivision that represents the State of Indiana inwards all criminal matters inwards Harrison County.

“I see cases from driving nether the influence to juvenile crimes to murder. I prosecute all the sexual activity crimes. I pass the bulk of my twenty-four threescore minutes menses inwards the courtroom. I honey beingness inwards the courtroom preparing for trial. Some days are to a greater extent than disheartening than others. It's difficult non to internalize some of what I see too hear, simply at the cease of the twenty-four threescore minutes menses I experience that nosotros are doing good. I never actually considered going into criminal law, simply straightaway I can't imagine doing anything else.”


She hasn’t position downwardly her music either. Emily yet plays her violin at weddings too especial events.

“When I plough some too expect dorsum at my life, my path is much clearer straightaway than when I was on it. I tin see straightaway how studying music formed my operate ethic — continuing to strive to larn ameliorate was hence helpful. You don't realize inwards schoolhouse that it molds you lot into the mortal that you lot are.”
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post