This Bride Created a Customized Wedding inwards a Place Never Used for a Wedding Before

By Amy Blevins






Amy Blevins too Bo Bott love all things vintage. They fittingly establish a marriage spot at Joe Ley Antiques inwards downtown Louisville lastly spring. Find out how they made this marriage go perfectly to tally their interests. #TheBottsTietheKnot16



Bride’s Favorite Memory: The solar daytime earlier the wedding, 1 of my best friends Nikki too myself, were setting upward for the reception, too nosotros establish a pile of tiny kittens inwards the reception yard! Needless to tell nosotros organized a footling rescue, too shuttled them off to Derby City Kitties rescue, too they were after adopted into loving homes.

Advice to Others: Don’t sweat the small-scale stuff. Something volition ever become wrong.

Best Planning Tip: Let someone assist you, whether it live a dearest friend or a hired professional. No withdraw to assay too conquer the entire procedure yourself.

Best Money Saving Tip: I’ve got nothing! I establish that no thing how difficult I tried to salve money, almost everything ends upward costing the same inwards the end.

Location of Ceremony: Joe Ley Antiques Downtown Louisville, 8pm for 100 people

Why It Worked: While dating, Bo too I loved to see Joe Ley too search for treasures there. We ever said, ‘If nosotros ever larn married, this is where nosotros desire it!’ Even though no 1 had ever been married at that spot before, every bit shortly every bit nosotros were engaged, our kickoff halt was to inquire Joe too Sheila Ley if nosotros had their approbation to role their magical space.

I Would Have Changed: Can I alter the weather? I would direct keep requested NO RAIN!

Photos past times Christine, Darling Tales of Darling Bones 


Location of Reception: Joe Ley Antiques, 615 E. Market Street, Louisville

Why It Worked: It’s unique too quirky, only similar us. No 1 had been married at that spot earlier too that made us love it fifty-fifty more.

I Would Have Changed: Not a thing. It was perfection.

Photographer: Christine, Darling Tales of Darling Bones



Favorite Photo: Bo too me inwards the courtyard, inwards forepart of the backdrop our dearest friend made for us, amongst the floral wreath.

Special Choices: I requested to a greater extent than candid shots, too lots of friends too family, peculiarly of my Papaw who is 93 too made the special trip from Virginia.

I Would Have Changed: I would direct keep loved to had a few to a greater extent than formal household unit of measurement photos. You tin never direct keep enough.



Dress: Claire Pettibone Dress, purchased at The Dress Theory Nashville

Why It Worked: It was the perfect mix of vintage nonetheless modern

I Would Have Changed: Nothing. It was the kickoff too alone wearing clothing I fifty-fifty remotely loved. I was thrilled when The Dress Theory tracked it downwardly too had it shipped inwards from Los Angeles for me to assay on.

Bridesmaids Dresses: Rent The Runway

Why It Worked: Renting the bridesmaid dresses was genius. Not alone were they non stuck amongst nonetheless only about other bridesmaid wearing clothing that they'll never wear...they paid a fraction of the toll for an amazing designer dress.



Tuxes: J.Crew

Why It Worked: Regular tux rentals were outdated too costly. The guys were able to pick a modern navy adapt that they tin vesture again. The toll was fifty-fifty less than renting a tux, because they establish them at the J.Crew Outlet.

Video: Happy Camper Film & Photo

Why It Worked: Allison too Tyler are a traveling married adult man too married adult woman duo who direct keep seriously mastered the fine art of videography. They listened to our vision too executed it to a greater extent than than nosotros could direct keep imagined.

I Would Have Changed: We should direct keep splurged for the extended version of our video.

Food: MozzaPi Food Truck

Why It Worked: The venue had really express infinite too no room for a lot of seating. Nor did it direct keep a kitchen or prep expanse for a typical caterer. Mozzarella Pi brought its gorgeous copper oven into the reception expanse too made the appetizers, pizza, too fifty-fifty S’mores on site too gear upward to serve.



I Would Have Changed: Nothing, the nutrient truck was the perfect solution.

Drinks: Open Bar



Why It Worked: This was an uber-casual affair, too therefore nosotros kept it opened upward to whatsoever beer too spirits our guests would like.

Cake: We chose to non direct keep 1 large traditional cake, but rather several unlike flavored cakes baked too designed past times Kristin Brill. We also had marriage cookies that had our caricatures on them every bit good every bit 2 of our pet cats Nugget too Teeny. The cookies are past times the really talented Ashley Donohoo  of Lexington.



Special Choices: Our 4 cakes were Coconut Chiffon Cake, Buttermilk Yellow Cake amongst Chocolate Frosting, Vanilla-Almond Cake, too Strawberry Cream Cake.




Why It Worked: We direct keep never been large on beingness traditional too loved the see of having choices of cake for the guests. These were served on a vintage tea cart, that has been passed downwardly from my grandparents. It had been purchased inwards Islamic Republic of Iran inwards the ‘60s.

Flowers: Susan Tapp



Why It Worked: Susan too I met too talked a lot close what would become amongst the vintage-boho aspect nosotros were shooting for. She crafted the huge bloom wreath on the ceremony backdrop, every bit good every bit the bloom girl’s bloom crown. My bloom crown too my bridesmaids’ crowns were made past times Christy O’Connell aka ‘Pure Pollen Flowers.’ Christy actually nailed it when I sent her my request. I had searched high too depression for someone who could execute what I wanted too Christy knocked it out of the park, effortlessly.

What You Would Have Changed: Not likewise much. I knew I wanted a large business office of our budget to become toward flowers.

Music (both ceremony too reception): Hog Operation



Special Choices: I met amongst Steve Cooley too only allow him pick only about appropriate nonetheless fun choices for me walking downwardly the aisle every bit good every bit go out songs. They're an amazing Bluegrass band, too therefore actually yous can't become incorrect amongst vocal choices.

Why It Worked: Bluegrass music actually laid the phase for the vintage vibe nosotros already had to go with.

What You Would Have Changed: Nothing.

Décor Specials: Magbooth photograph coach ‘Maggie’



Special Choices: Photo coach ‘Maggie’

Why It Worked: We love photograph booths, but felt similar they were actually played out, nonetheless nosotros wanted our friends too household unit of measurement to direct keep a fun takeaway from the evening. Maggie the coach was too therefore much fun too again, went correct along amongst the vintage theme.

Planner: Nikki Grizzle (dear friend)

Why It Worked: She is 1 of my best friends, too would NOT allow me pass coin on a professional person planner. She went to a higher identify too beyond amongst our wedding, too it went off without a hitch.

I Would Have Changed: Get Nikki an assistant.

Rings: Bride’s engagement telephone — Genesis; Bride’s band — Family Heirloom; Groom’s Band —Genesis



Why It Worked: We love everything vintage too antique, too therefore when my mom offered upward my cracking grandmother’s platinum diamond marriage band, nosotros were honored.

Invitations: Custom made from an Etsy creative soul from Espana The Paperberry

Why It Worked: We wanted something personal too quirky, too she was actually able to capture everything nosotros wanted. They were magical.

Makeup/Hair: Nickie C.Makeup & Cindy Cashen (Hair)

Why It Worked: They are both my dearest friends, too therefore marriage prep was a breeze too and therefore fun.
I would direct keep changed: Believe it or not, I was too therefore consumed amongst concluding planning during marriage week, I failed to brand fourth dimension to larn a mani/pedi. I was epitome my ain nails the solar daytime of.

Rehearsal Dinner: The Old Spaghetti Factory

Why It Worked: Since I was a kid, nosotros direct keep celebrated every special occasion at The Old Spaghetti Factory, too that's just where Bo popped the question. It alone seemed plumbing equipment to direct keep our rehearsal dinner at that spot every bit well.

I Would Have Changed: I wishing the dinner lasted longer too therefore nosotros could savor every minute amongst friends too household unit of measurement that are never inwards the same identify at the same time.

Other Special Things You Did That You Would Like to Include: We were really blessed to live able to part this really special solar daytime amongst all of our household unit of measurement too friends who came from every corner of the country. Little did nosotros know, it would live the lastly fourth dimension my household unit of measurement would all live together every bit my Uncle Jay passed away unexpectedly inwards Jan 2017.

Length of Planning Time: Nine months
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post